ICONIC DOnEGAL Workshop
2nd - 3rd march 2019
Come with me to experience and capture 'Ireland in Miniature'
"Donegal is often described as being 'Ireland in Miniature' as it has everything you could possibly hope for in an Irish landscape; mountains, pristine sandy beaches, battered rocky beaches, sea arches, waterfalls and glorious loughs are dotted all around.
Donegal is, for me, the highlight of the Wild Atlantic Way.
My mum's side of the family are from Donegal so I've always spent lots of time there. Gaoth Dobhair (or Gweedore), in the northwest of the county has become my favourite spot, such is the concentration of fantastic locations in such a small area. For years I have visited Gaoth Dobhair every Winter to photograph the landscape, a time of the year when I have the place to myself and when the landscape is at its most rugged. I'd love to share that experience with others".
Who is it for?
This workshop is suitable for both beginner photographers right up to those who are more advanced but simply want to be guided to some a range of wonderful locations to expand their portfolio.
We will cover topics such as:
- Planning a shoot in detail;
- The Exposure Triangle (shutter speed, aperture and ISO);
- Long exposure photography; and
- Post-processing tips.
A reasonable level of fitness is required for this workshop as we will be walking on uneven and rough terrain, though not for long distances. Suitable walking shoes/boots and waterproof clothing should be used. Wellies are an excellent purchase! We will embrace Donegal's raw and windswept conditions!
How much does it cost and what do I get for that?
The 2-day workshop has an all inclusive-cost of £300 which includes:
- Travel: Travel around Gaoth Dobhair in my car - so we can all travel as one group;
- 4-star Hotel Accommodation: Single room accommodation in the beautiful 4-star An Chuirt hotel & spa, ideally situated next to Dunlewy and Bunbeg to maximise sleeping time);
- Food: Evening meal and breakfast in An Chuirt;
- Tuition: Guided hikes and photography tuition from Saturday lunchtime until sunset on Saturday evening, and again from sunrise on Sunday until Sunday sunset;
- Post-Production Tutorial: Post production is an important part of the photographic workflow. After the workshop, I will offer to take one of your images and do my own post production on it to show you how I would approach this part of the process. You will be sent a video of me doing the editing so you can learn a few Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop skills too.
- Maximum group size is 4 people, to ensure plenty of one-to-one tuition; and
- First-hand experience of stunning beauty planned according to the light, the weather and the tides. You will see each location at its best
What is not included?
Travel to and from Donegal
A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to secure your place.
What to Expect...
SECURE YOUR PLACE ON THE WORKSHOP
Iconic Donegal 2-day Workshop - please click link below to pay your deposit and secure your place.
Saturday 2nd March
Midday - Meet at An Chuirt Hotel, Gaoth Dobhair
12.30pm - Lunch
1..30pm - 6.30pm - A full afternoon of photography and hiking culminating in a sunset and twilight shoot (actual locations will be flexible and depend on where best suits conditions)
7.30pm Evening meal in An Chuirt
Sunday 3rd March
6.45am - Sunrise shoot
10am - Big breakfast at An Chuirt
11am - Check out
12 midday to 6.30pm -A full afternoon of photography and hiking culminating in a sunset and twilight shoot (actual locations will be flexible and depend on where best suits conditions)
6.30pm - Workshop close
Some possible locations amongst many more:
The Poisoned Glen
Bunbeg beach and Bád Eddie ship wreck
The Bloody Foreland
Crohy Sea Arch
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A £100 deposit is taken at the time of website booking. The full balance of the workshop (£150) is due no less than 14 days before the workshop date. Failure to pay this outstanding amount may result in your place on the workshop being lost.
I am unable to accept workshop bookings for persons under the age of 18.
Hibernia Landscapes by Stephen Wallace accepts no responsibility for personal injury or loss or damage to photographic equipment during any workshop.
By making a booking through this website, you are agreeing to accept the Terms & Conditions.