The WIlds of Rathlin Workshop
23rd - 24th September 2017
Escape to the Rugged Tranquility of Rathlin
"Rathlin Island is only 6 miles from Ballycastle, but despite this it has a remote beauty and peaceful tranquility that is like nowhere else in Northern Ireland. Whilst it is only 6 miles long and one mile wide, it has a rugged landscape with long stretches of dramatic sea cliffs, wild waves, secluded beaches, ancient woodlands, clear views of Antrim, Scotland and Donegal and no less than three lighthouses. This is a wonderful opportunity to explore the whole island and the fantastic scenery that is on offer for landscape photography."
Who is it for?
This workshop is suitable for both beginner photographers right up to those who are more advanced but simply want to be guided to some new and largely unexplored locations to expand their portfolio.
We will cover topics such as:
- Planning a shoot in detail;
- The Exposure Triangle (shutter speed, aperture and ISO);
- Long exposure photography; and
- Post-processing tips.
A good level of fitness is required for this workshop as we will be walking (including on uneven ground) for long periods and over long distances. Suitable walking shoes/boots and waterproof clothing should be used. We will embrace Rathlin's raw and windswept conditions!
How much does it cost and what do I get for that?
The 2-day workshop has an all inclusive-cost of £250 which includes:
- Travel: Your return ferry from Ballycastle to Rathlin Island;
- Accommodation: Single room accommodation in the beautifully restored and listed 18th century Georgian Manor House (Double rooms available on request for couples/friends who may wish to book);
- Food: Evening meal and breakfast in the Manor House;
- Tuition: Guided hikes and photography tuition from Saturday morning until sunset on Saturday evening, and from sunrise on Sunday until Sunday lunchtime;
- Maximum group size is 5 people, to ensure plenty of one-to-one tuition; and
- First-hand experience of a hidden beauty on your back door.
A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to secure your place.
SECURE YOUR PLACE ON THE WORKSHOP
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place.
10am - Meet at Rathlin Ferry terminal in Ballycastle
11am - 8pm A full day of photography and hiking (with break for lunch) taking in the many sights of Rathlin and culminating in a sunset shoot (actual locations depending on where best suits conditions)
8pm Evening meal in Manor House
Sunday 24th September
6am - Sunrise shoot
9am - Breakfast at Manor House
9.30am - 11.30am Final photo walk/relax
12 midday Ferry back to Ballycastle
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A £100 deposit is taken at the time of website booking. The full balance of the workshop (£150) is due no less than 14 days before the workshop date. Failure to pay this outstanding amount may result in your place on the workshop being lost.
I am unable to accept workshop bookings for persons under the age of 18.
Hibernia Landscapes by Stephen Wallace accepts no responsibility for personal injury or loss or damage to photographic equipment during any workshop.
By making a booking through this website, you are agreeing to accept the Terms & Conditions.